Monday, May 4, 2009

Where Did I Start?

Hi and Merry Meet,
The first place I started my search for Wicca was my local library! They have books on Wicca and you can check them out for free (I'm a huge fan of free!). I found this book by Ellen Dugan there:
I liked it so much that I ordered my own copy from Half. Even though this book is written for teens, and I'm not in that category anymore, I found that it was written in such a easy and straight forward way that I could easily understand the ideas presented. This book just felt so right to me. It felt like she knew what I needed to know about nature and how it all connects to the Goddess. I loved it.

I also hit up Barnes and Noble for The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft by Denise Zimmermann and Katherine A. Gleason. This was another great book that helped me a lot to take the first steps on this path. They offer so much info on many different aspects of the Craft. Again, it is presented in a simple way that explains without making you feel stupid for not knowing.

The next place that I looked for information was at my local metaphysical stores. I'm blessed that we have more than one where I live so I was able to see a few different prospectives! Check out WitchVox to see stores around the States. :)

The last place I looked was the internet. I know that most people would look there first, but as I love print, the library will always be my second home! I found a lot of info, almost to the point of overwhelming me and bamboozling me with ideas. However, I found that youtube has some helpful videos and if you go over that way, check out TipToeChick. She really helped me get a grasp on all the info that I was starting to learn.

I have bought more books off Half and I will be posting about them as I get to read them. I have finished the Elements and Idiot's book and would recommend them as a first step.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment