Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meditations

Hi and Merry Meet,
One thing that I was doing before my dedication ceremony was trying to meditate. However, I wasn't very focused, so that didn't go very well. Also, I didn't really have any ideas about how to get started. I used some yoga relaxation but I wasn't able to clear my mind. Like I said, I was trying...
One thing that I am working on now is using meditations to help me focus and ground myself more. I've been reading To Ride A Silver Broomstick by Silver RavenWolf and I like her ideas about meditation. I am working on visualizing a waterfall around me and it being in perpetual motion. I really like this idea and I'm finding that the more I work on it the better I'm getting at it. I did try to skip ahead and work on the meditations with the chakras...however, I wasn't able to focus long enough on it. I could focus on the first and second chakras, but after that it more or less fell apart. After realizing that I should start simple, I went back to the waterfall. It's good for me to know that I should start simple and not jump ahead because I think I can. This is something that I need to work on.

Here's my copy of To Ride:She's a bit battered with love, and she was also picked up from Half by my husband for me.
Enjoy this wonderful day!
Blessed be,
Autumn

1 comment:

  1. I too have a problem with meditation. I'll use the waterfall next time I try and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete