Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Year and A Day

Hi and Merry Meet,
This is my online journey into my life as I have just done a dedication ceremony to pledge myself to the study of Wicca and Witchcraft for the next year and a day.

I was raised in a Christian household and attended church for years. When I was a teen, I looked into the Craft, but was pulled away by family who couldn't understand what I was looking into.
After many years I have started to study again and found that I love the rich balance that exist between the Goddess and the God. I also love how much emphasis/ respect is put on nature in Wicca. I also love how I am responsible for my own actions and the reactions from them. I feel that a lot of us in this world are not responsible for our actions/words/feelings that we put out there. Many of you might think I am crazy. Oh well, that is for you to decide. Take me as I am or leave me.

So, after much soul searching, I found that this is the path that I want to take and have started my journey. In my real life, I am very much in the broom closet as they say. Only my husband knows of my dedication ceremony and of the path that I have chosen to walk. I don't expect this to be an easy path or one that others will understand, I just feel that in my heart this is the right path for me.

I hope you will all follow me on my journey as I grow and learn over the next year and a day!
Blessed be,
Autumn

1 comment:

  1. I am a 75 year old woman who studied Wicca a number of years ago. But stopped because of family circumstances. I began and about two months ago, and started my Year and A Day a little over a month ago. I plan to read your blog each day as part of my studies. I wish you had continued it.

    ReplyDelete