Friday, May 8, 2009

Open Esbat

Hi and Merry Meet,
Tonight was the open full moon ritual that I was so excited to attend. After many phone calls to the shop to make sure that I had all the info that I needed I went.

I went early due to a few things. 1.) I am very OCD about being on time. 2.) the parking lot is very small and I wanted a space. 3.) I get nervous attending new things and so see 1. again.

It was a very small group and they all know each other really well. That's okay, because they were very welcoming! The High Priestess went though the whole ritual for me so that I'd know what to expect when we got to it.

Tonight was about gifts. What gift of myself can I give to the Goddess? We each chose a word that we meditated on. The word I chose was "grace". I took it to mean that I need more grace in my speech. I am quick to say and slow to think. I need to be slower in speech and quicker in my thinking. This is something that I can work on over the course of the next month.

I had a wonderful time and I would love to go back. It was a nice group of people and I felt good about asking when I didn't know something. I am also learning to ask for help or clarity when I need it.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment