Monday, July 18, 2011

Change of Plans

Hi and Merry Meet,
Tomorrow we leave on our big camping trip. I had reserved a beautiful spot in Shenandoah National Park. It's one of our favorite places to go.

Two days ago while Husband was at his last night of work before vacation he calls me to tell me the weather report for Shenandoah. It is going to be crazy hot with outrageous humidity! Both Husband and I like cold weather. This is not good. He asks me to find a new place to camp. I do love a good challenge however finding a camp site for eight days with a June weekend free would take nothing short of divine intervention.

I fell short. I looked for somewhere within our driving range that would be cooler and available. Sadly, I failed.

Husband however had success and we are now headed to Vermont! I've bern there but it will be a new state for Husband!! Yay! New forests to hike and a day trip planned to the Ben and Jerry's factory. Our new camp site is in a National forest and we got a site right on the river. The gods have smiled on us! I know nothing about the hiking here or anything about the area so I am off to AAA to get maps and guide books.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment