Wednesday, July 13, 2011

And The Winner is....

Hi and Merry Meet,

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I'm a bit of a knitter. My husband is worried that if any more yarn comes into this house there could be an episode of intervention on me.

However, my knitting passion is lace. I love it. This amuses my family to no end for the simple fact that knitting is math. I am allergic to math. So, lace knitting can't be math, right?

Last year I entered my first lace and bead piece in my home county's fair. I won a blue ribbon. Then I won overall best knitter. It was the best thing ever!

This year I entered a new fair with a new lace beaded piece. This fair is in the county were I live now. The judging on the shawl was over the weekend and today was opening day. I met a friend who works there to see how I did. She knew already but refused to tell me!

I'm so excited to announce that not only did I get the blue but also overall knitter! The fair committee asked me if I would allow them to use my piece as the one piece to represent our county at the state fair competition! Honored is not even close to how I feel!!!
Blessed be,
Autumn


No comments:

Post a Comment