Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Reading

Hi and Merry Meet,
A few days I started reading the book Tarot For The Green Witch by Ann Moura. I really like her writing style and I find it easy to follow.

Tarot is something that I enjoy a lot. Before I did my dedication ceremony, I took tarot classes with a friend of mine. I took them with her so that she would have someone to go with. I never expected to fall in love with it. My first deck was the Gilded Tarot. I love the images of this deck. The class really opened my eyes about tarot. There is a beauty and a connection to it that I think is misunderstood by many people. After taking the beginner class, I had to take the intermediate. It was an amazing class and such a sharing of ideas. We had a professional reader as the instructor, but all of us added our thoughts and ideas. I loved how close knit our class became. I learned as much from my classmates and I did from our instructor! She was the one who recommended the Tarot For The Green Witch book.

This book expands on what I know about tarot and is showing me how to incorporated in my craft practice. She uses several different decks to explain the meanings that she uses for readings. I currently have three decks and would love to expand my collection, however, being unemployed at the moment, expanding is not going to happen right now.

I've only read a few pages so far, but I find her take on tarot very interesting. She shows how the cards really relate to the green witch and how they are not only part of the craft, but how the energies are all around us all the time. She also shows how the major arcana are in pairs and how the energies are interrelated.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to get outside and spend some time in my garden! I haven't been able to do that in a while. Hopefully, the weather will hold!
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment