Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Magic In The Movies

Hi and Merry Meet,
Today I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with my cousin. I loved it! I'm sure there are those out there who will disagree with me on that point, however, I don't care... I still like it! ;)

Why did I love it? This movie focused on the relationships that make the books so strong. They didn't focus on the classes or spells as much this time. Real magic is so much better than movie magic, so I was glad that they told it more from a relationship story point of view. I enjoyed it even though it differs a bit from the books. I guess to make it fit in the time frame they needed to tweak some plot lines.

When it comes to books being made into a movie, I admit I'm a bit of a purist... I almost always love the book more and feel that after watching the movie that it has ruined my images of the book. I do love good CG, but I like to imagine the characters in my head much more. It makes it more real for me. One very major exception to my books to movies is Queen of The Damned. I love that movie! The book was good, but I loved the movie more. Funny, huh?

Anyways, I hope that if you go and see Harry Potter that you enjoy it. I sure did!
Blessed be,
Autumn

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Another fan of Queen of the Damned, I can never find anyone who likes it for any other reason than they like the actors. It is such a wonderful movie, I have watched it four or five times and I can still feel the power from it every time I watch it. It is so moving, one of the only movies I yell at the screen during.

    ReplyDelete