Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Working Day

Hi and Merry Meet,
My husband and I are finally able to do some of the things around the house that we have been putting off! He started vacation on Friday and this week off is about house projects and other things that have been put on the back burner.

One thing that we did already was to sand and re-poly our hallway hardwood floors. I have done the other rooms in our house so it was time to do this one. I did all the sanding, and husband polyed it for me. Trying to avoid that hallway was a bit of a chore, but we did it. The hard work was worth it. All that sanding gave me a great idea.

The table that I am using for my alter is an old TV stand. Why couldn't I sand it down, re-stain it, and make it look really nice? My grandfather use to do stuff with a wood burning tool to inscribe things like picture frames and tables. When he passed away the wood burning kit was given to me. I have never used it, but I'm crafty enough. I thought it would be cool to sand down that table, re-stain it and inscribe it with things that mean something to me. It would be much more personal that just an old TV stand. The TV stand was his grandmother's and I asked him how he felt about me using it as an alter. He was cool with it. Then I asked him about my wood scribing idea. He was also cool with that, however, he reminded me that I would have to sand it by myself. No big deal, I did all the floors in the house myself! Then he pointed out that the floors are flat, the table has spindle legs. Ooh, I love a good challenge! I really want to make my alter special. All that elbow grease will make it infused with love, sweat and hopefully no tears!

That's the project that I'd love to do this week, but while I have my husband to myself, we are doing projects that we both have put off!
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment