Monday, August 17, 2009

Sacred Space Meditations

Hi and Merry Meet,
For the past two weeks I have been working on a sacred space meditation. I have been working on creating the perfect place in the astral plane.

As first it was very vague and I could only see green grass around me where I was sitting. Now I have a walled garden with a gazebo. In the gazebo it is always set for tea. If I could find this place in this plane I'd never leave!! There is something about a walled garden that makes me think of the book The Secret Garden. It really is a magical place!

I find that after working with this meditation I find that I can get to this space faster and faster when I focus on it. My visualization skills are improving and I feel like I can hold them longer. I'm excited about my progress, yet, I know I have a lot more work to do.

Today was crazy hot here, so I made some spicy curry for dinner. I know this sounds crazy, but when I lived in Japan eating curry on a hot day was normal. The thought was that by heating up your insides with hot curry, when you leave the air conditioned shop, you would feel cooler because you were so hot from the curry.... at least that's what my students told me! :)
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment