Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sewing Fun!

Hi and Merry Meet,
Yesterday I was out reading tarot at a graduation party. What a fun family to read for!! Before I left to do that I was working on sewing my robe for circle.

I've been working on it for some time now. The patteren is not to complex. To make it you need some basic sewing skills. A few of the other girls have robes and they look awesome. I've been stuck on the hem. Sewing it together was the easy part. Trying to get the hem right has been crazy. The robe hangs very long. My husband helped me pin the hem for one sleeve and that was enough help as far as he was concerned. I can't pin the hem while I'm wearing it, so finding someone to help had been tough. However, my friend who I roped into helping me had a better way. We measured it and then cut off some of the extra. I think I can finish it now that it's all pinned.

With all my extra material I've been thinking about making poppets. I've never done a spell with them but I'm thinking that I have all the stuff I need I'll just save it for the right time. My robe I'm sewing on my machine. For poppets, I'd like to do some hand sewing.  I've got a basic patteren for them. This would be a good way for me to expand on my spells. A lot of my work right now is simple candle magick or cooking magick. I've done a few bigger things but mostly I stick to low magick. I'd like to start expanding my knowledge of other magicks. I feel like poppets are the next step for me in my learning and my spellwork. Not sure yet when I'll use them, but at least I'll have everything when I'm ready for it.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment