Friday, June 26, 2009

Stormy Weather

Hi and Merry Meet,
Today we had the most amazing display of Mother Nature's power. She sent us a super thunder storm!

I went out to weed my garden this morning and I'm so glad that I got it done when I did. I was back in the house for about an hour when we got hit with the storm. The thunder started out as a small rumble and built into a roll. It was the most amazing music of the day. The lighting was just flashes at first, then it started streaking across the sky and touched down not too far from my house! The hail started after the rain went from a drizzle to a driving force. I couldn't figure out what the sound was at first! Then I saw it bouncing off my roof to the ground.

The rain was so strong that even with our clean gutters it was spilling over the roof to the ground. It started flowing down the street and the passing cars were fighting against the small river it was making. Streets around us were even flooded due to the amount and the short amount of time it came in.

I loved it, since was in my house just watching it! I sat staring out my front window to watch with wonder as it came down. I love a good storm (well, except when we're camping! HA HA!). We might get hit again tonight with another bout of storms! Yeah!!! I'll so make some popcorn and settle in for a magical night! ;)
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment