Monday, June 22, 2009

Litha

Hi and Merry Meet,
Yesterday was Litha. I was so excited to celebrate since it was my first Sabbat since my dedication. I have celebrated two Esbats now and so it this was more or less a first for me.

I made the decision to do my ritual outside. It had rained all day (well, for about two days straight) and so my neighbors were not likely to be out at 8:30 in the evening. It was so beautiful out, and the bugs were out too! My bare feet were a tasty meal for many last night.

Since I was outside and I live in the city, I didn't think that having too many candles was a good idea. So, for my corners, I used four stones that were the same color as the elements that they were representing. I used Aventurine for Earth/North, Yellow Jasper for East/Wind, Red Jasper for South/Fire, and Sodalite for West/Water. I don't have an athame, so I used a big clear quartz point that I have. It felt so right to me as Earth is my element. I wanted to incorporate that into my ritual. I also used a clear quartz for my symbol of the Lady and a black onyx for the Lord. I also don't have a bell, so I just clap my hands.

I don't feel the need for special clothes during my ritual. Since it's only me,the Goddess and the God I feel like they see in me in my p.j's, so my jeans and tee-shirt isn't so bad. I sure others will disagree with me, but that's what feels right to me. Besides, my garden was the backdrop for this and I'm always in a tee-shirt and jeans when I'm out there. How would my plants recognize me if I was all dressed up?? :) Yes, I do talk to my plants! I have always talked to plants, even when I was a kid I did.

It was a very special time for me last night and I enjoyed being able to have my ritual outside. Weather and neighbors permitting, I would love to do more outside.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Litha too!!
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment