Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pendulums and Practice

Hi and Merry Meet,
Last night I was laying in bed reading Starhawk's Spiral Dance. I have been reading it at night for a while, so it takes me forever to finish books that I only read a page or two of at a time.

Anyway, last night I came across a practice for pendulums. This was very exciting for me. I have three pendulums, but I haven't really used them and was unsure about how to go about it. Needless to say, I lept out of bed and raced upstairs to get one of them so I could start working on building my skills/ relationship with one. I grabbed my newest one that I bought at a rock and gem show.
I spent some time meditating with it in my hands before I did the practices. I wanted to be as relaxed as I could to help me be open. I felt really good about the practice and I want to keep working on it. To help build a strong connection to my tarot decks, the first night I get them after I clean them, I sleep with them under my pillow. I thought I should try it with this pendulum as well.

Tonight before I go to bed I will sit and work with my pendulum a bit more. Knowing more than one divination skill would be good! I'm really comfortable with tarot at this point, but other skills are lacking. I'd like to someday to work not only with my pendulums but maybe I'd be able to scry too! 
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment