Friday, June 3, 2011

Family Life Thoughts

Hi and Merry Meet,
My husband I are going to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary this summer. Recently it seems people keep asking us about having kids or assume that now we are going to start having them since we have been married for longer than most Hollywood couples.

My friends who have recently had babies can not understand how I could go another day without children. My husband's cousin just had one and now we are getting it from that direction too. Being he is an only child is not helping.

To me, the desission to have children is one that has to be made by the couple alone. I refuse to be pressured into this. Just becasue family wants grandkids or great-grandkids is not a good reason. To be honest, I don't know if I want them or not. So for now since I can't pick the safe thing is not to have them. As my mom told me once "you can't give them back".

We enjoy our life the way it is. We have fun together and enjoy each other's company. I love that we can be spontaneous and change our plans because we feel like it. Maybe, I'm selfish and want all my husband's attention for myself.

If our life is fine and happy the way it is, why push us to add a new crazy dynamic to it? Just because we're married doesn't mean we have to have kids. Bunnies are work enough for me and they can't talk back or demand things and say I'm ruining their lives!

To all the moms out there, I admire you! I have no idea how you do it and I applaud your energy!!
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment