Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spinning Away

Hi and Merry Meet,
On Friday I am taking my spinning wheel to school to talk with kids about what life in colonial times was like. For me spinning is another form of what I call "moving meditation".  My hands are busy while my mind is free to wander. Today I was asked if I weave since I spin and knit. No, I don't but I thought about the story of the Goddess Athena and the girl weaver who claimed she wove better than the Goddess. My skills are not that amazing. I do try to honor the gods with my crafts, not challenge the fact that they are more skilled that I can ever hope to be. Little gifts of fiber are ready to take outside as offerings for this demo to go well. I spent time today getting everything ready for Friday.
Blessed be,
Autumn


No comments:

Post a Comment