Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home Sick and Deep Thoughts

Hi and Merry Meet,
Last night I left my second job due to a fever and being really achy. My coworker took my class with hers so she had a MAMMOTH class to deal with. We have both done this for one another when something like this happens. However, I think she had the most we've ever had last night.  I seriously owe her some candy bars or flowers. It was so nice of her to let me go and take care of my class for me.

As I've been feeling a little better today I've spent part of my day sleeping, knitting and reading. In that order and then the cycle starts over. My reading today is a new book that I got called "Crafting Wiccan Traditions by: Raven Grimassi". I haven't gotten very far into it yet, but it is making me stop and think about what I believe and what my foundations look like.

One thing that is has really made me stop and think about are the degree systems that many covens use. I am a solitary. Therefore, I have no degree system or hierarchy in my practice since I am alone. What if, for say, my husband and I decided to bring a child into this world? What would my practice look like then? What if my husband wanted to celebrate with me? This really got me thinking about what would a circle look like then as a family group?

My husband and I are very open with each other. When I first became interested in the Craft I talked to him a lot about it. I asked him if he was OK with me exploring this new idea and what would he think if this fit with me. Would he be OK with it or not? He was very understanding and supportive of me. He even bought me my first Wiccan books on half.com so I could read more (our library here dosen't have a very big selection on alternate religions). He even told me that he has always believed in a Goddess.

One thing that we haven't really deiced on is children. We both keep saying "someday" or "maybe". I go back and forth with how I feel. I work with kids all day long... that has a big impact on how I feel about having my own.  However, if we had children, how would we rise them? Husband has never been to church other than the few times many years ago that I dragged him for Christmas or Easter services. I would want them to have their own  ideas about religion and I think I would try to expose them to more than one view point. So again, what would my practice look like with kids as part of it? I think for sure I would want them to be a part of it, but if they came to a time in their lives when they don't want to, well, then that would be what they want. Can I really say how I would feel without being put in that situation? No, I don't think I can.

I admit, I'd love to have my husband as part of my practice with me but I would never make him be a part of it if it's not his cup of tea. He has respected my wishes to follow this path and I will respect his to keep looking or not looking for what works for him. Maybe, someday we'll have an answer to these questions. For now, it's just me and my circles of one.

Too much thinking for being home sick! ;^)
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment