Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting a Jump Start On Spring Cleaning!

Hi and Merry Meet,
A few weeks ago I started my spring cleaning. At the time that I started it is was not magickal, it was special, it was just something I've put off for a few years...

I started small. My plan was only to clean and then organize one small drawer in my bathroom. What happened after that was nothing short of amazing. I got ambitious. The basement suddenly didn't look so big. The whole house is now possible! Oh wait, I'm getting carried away!

Yes, I started to tackle the basement. We bought this house 7 years ago and we still have boxes that came with us from our first apartment. If it is still in a box now, do we really need it?? I found that we have a lot of stuff that we don't use/need/want/ or should have been thrown out a long time ago. We're not hoarders, just a bit on the messy side. That's hard for me to admit since I was raised in a family where your home should always be ready for guest and clean as better homes and garden photo shoot! So, being that I'm a bit messy and my husband and I have a lot of stuff is a big tension spot for my parents and I. They are always on me about getting my house cleaned up. Anyway, I found a box that seemed small to start with and I went through it. I have to bring each box up to the living room because my allergies won't allow me to sit down in the basement for more than about 10 minutes. I found a lot of great memories in that box and then I found that I have photos and journal entries about that time in my life, so why am I saving every scrap of paper from when I lived in Japan? This new found thought freed me from keep all this clutter around me.

Next up I found e-bay. This has changed everything!!!  Now I can clean and sell off my stuff without housing it until summer for a garage sale!!  The more things that have left my house the better I feel. Then I realized that the more I let go of, the more baggage and stale energy is also released from my house. It's become very spiritual to let go. My husband has noticed the lightness in the house and has started to help me clean out the old. I feel like our house is becoming the home it was meant to be and is truly become our personal scared space. I have one room that I do all my workings in, but now the whole house is vibrating with new energy.  I want to do a whole house blessing in a few weeks to help all that great spring energy move in and move the old winter blues out!

I definitely have more to go before the whole house is cleared out, but it is the best start that I've ever made! What really got me going was that if we finish up the house renovation projects that we started we'd like to move to a different part of this city. This house was meant as our starter house and it has been great for us. However, I don't want to move all the stuff we have that have never been unpacked from our apartment or things that others could use and love. I am on a mission now to clean out all the old energy and fill our clean house with love and light!

Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment