Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Driving Troubles

Hi and Merry Meet,
My last week of lounging around in my pj's until 1 or 2 in the afternoon is quickly coming to an end! I went to my new school yesterday just to get an idea about where I'm going.

When it comes to going new places by myself, in the car, I have some high anxiety! I will do a "test" drive if I have the time. I need to know how to get there, how long it will take me. and where can I park once I'm there. I'm not sure why I get like this, but I have lost it when I have to get somewhere and I'm not 100% sure where I'm going. Rush hour is a nightmare for me. Traffic and driving in new cities alone is scary. I totally panic about this. I'm fine if someone else is with me, even if they can't understand English and have no idea where we are going (yes, this happens a lot in my life!). If Husband drives or is in the car, then my only anxiety is about being on time. I'm really time anal. I'm either a half an hour early, or I won't go at all! I can't be late to places. I can't imagine walking in someplace late. It totally horrifies me. It is something I've been working on. All of my friends are ALWAYS late to everything. My best bud has always showed up at least 30 minutes after the time we were supposed to meet. Drives me crazy, but maybe that's just want I need to learn to let go of my time control issues.

So, anyway, now you know about my driving neurosis! I'm going to be fine by Monday and my new job! I'm so nervous, but super excited! :)
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment