Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spells and Words

Hi and Merry Meet,
Recently I've been reading Silver RavenWolf's Sacred Flame book. I've read the other two books in the series but has been a while.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is how wordy her spells are. I don't know about you, but I like to keep my spells short and sweet. I like to make them pack a punch so then I also don't have to copy long monologues into my BOS. I do like what some of her spells are for and I admit I have done some of them however, I have changed the wording to be my own.

When I started on this path Silver's books were some of the first I read as they were the first ones recommend to me. I loved what I learned from them. At first I was also told that walking this path involves a lot of shadow work. At the time I didn't totally understand what that meant. Now I understand that my spells need to focus on changing me and not asking the universe to bring things to me. I need to be the change to get changes.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment