Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Photo Tarot Deck

Hi and Merry Meet,
I had to get out of the house today. It was warm, sunny, and just the perfect day for a walk! My neighborhood is more on the urban side, so talking a nice nature walk is not something I can just set out of my door and do. I drove over to one of the larger cemeteries in the city.

I love walking here. It is quite, peaceful, and there are lots of trees! The cemetery itself is very old. It is a Catholic cemetery so there are lots of angels and huge statues of crosses. I took my camera with me today. Here is one of the paths that I walked down:A tree in full fall foliage:This tree had amazing energy! It just radiated happiness!
As I was strolling along I got the idea that I could find images that remind me of the major arcana from the tarot deck. I found quite a few! Here's what I found:
The fool:The Magician:The High Priestess:The Empress:The Emperor:The Hierophant:The Lovers:
The Chariot:Strength:The Hermit:Wheel Of Fortune:Justice:The Hanging Man: Death:Temperance:
The Devil: The Tower: The Star:The Moon:The Sun:Judgement:
The World:I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how this came out. It was so spur of the moment and just felt like the prefect project for me today. I feel so much more relaxed and happy now that I've taken my walk and reconnected with nature.
Blessed be,
Autumn

3 comments:

  1. Wow lady this is a fab-o idea! A very fun project and each picture really fits the card you chose! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jupiter! :) I'd love to do the rest of the deck some day. I think for the suit of wands I'd use pinecones! Cupes= urns. Disks and swords- I don't know yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up here and so glad I did - these pictures are wonderful! What a brilliant idea. I do hope you copy these pics and consider using them. I'd bet they would really work for you in your readings!

    ReplyDelete