Saturday, November 14, 2009

Crazy!

Hi and Merry Meet,
This week has flown by for me! I had my tarot class Wednesday night and I have a homework assignment from that too! I'm almost ready with my assignment for my Wicca class tomorrow afternoon.

I love my grandmother. She is crazy. She is 83, active and feisty. She volunteers at a local hospital. Not the hospital on her retirement campus, but the large ER local one. Nana is very special. She swears like a sailor, knows her Jack Daniels, and loves to play cards. I think she is amazing and I hope that I have that much love of life when I am her age.

I asked her once why she can't work at the hospital that is walking distance from her apartment. Her answer: "The people there are old! They just shuffle along. I did it for five minutes and I started to feel old." OK, so she drives herself (yes, she drives) to the big ER to work two days a week. She loves it! Nana always loves to tell the bloody, or gross, or weird stories. What I love about it is that since she works there, she gets free flu shots! This is a good thing for her.

When she found out that the hospital had H1N1 vaccines, she decided she had to have one. Once her mind is made up, it is a done deal. So, off she went to find a vaccines. The hospital staff told her they were only giving them out to pregnant women. Nana, being Nana, told them that she was pregnant.

After a good hearty laugh they gave it to her.

I swear, when I'm that age I wonder what I'll come up with to get my way?
Blessed be,
Autumn

1 comment:

  1. Go Nana! My grandfather is pretty sassy too. You've got to be on your toes with them!

    ReplyDelete