Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Elements In My Life

Hi and Merry Meet,
I've been thinking about how I use the elements in my daily life. Some of them I find I incorporate without thinking about and then others I've had to think about.

Earth- I love to talk to my house plants now that the weather has gotten colder and I'm not out in my garden as much. This is something I do almost every day. I try to get outside no matter what the weather for a few minutes a day to connect with Mother Earth. Even if I only stand outside on my front porch, I feel connected to the land around me. There is something very satisfying about enjoying the world around me.

Air- This one is harder for me to think about how I use this element in my daily life. I sometimes burn incense when I want to relax, but not daily as it sets off my husband's allergies. :( I control my breathing in my meditations and when I'm stressed out I used yoga breaths to relax me. I need to work more on bringing air into my daily life. I'm not sure how to do that yet, but I'm sure I can think of something.

Fire- I talk to my stove when I cook and thank the fire that heats my food. (Yes, I talk to a lot of things in my house!) I also love burning candles as part of my meditation circles. I find that the flame helps me focus my thoughts and prepare to meditate. It also heats my house and I am so appreciative for it's warmth. Winters here can get mighty cold!

Water- After a run, I thank the water that washes off all the sweat! I don't have a dishwasher, so I hand wash all my dishes. This gives me an appreciation for the water that I use. I don't live to far from a fresh water lake. I drive by it everyday and I love to watch the waves roll or the lake laying flat. Watching it is so hypnotizing to me. I could watch bodies of water all day! There is something very special about it.

I've only starting giving thought to this and I think I have more to go. This is only scratching the surface of this topic! Any thoughts?
Blessed be,
Autumn

1 comment:

  1. I always used to think Air was the hardest element to connect to, for me. But I try to see it in many ways, such as the 'winds of change' when my life takes a different direction, and my patron element of travel, so that when I'm in my car, I think about it.

    ReplyDelete