Sunday, September 13, 2009

Almost Done!

Hi and Merry Meet,
A few weeks ago I started to sand my the table that I was using as my altar. I showed a pict of what it looked like at the time. Today I did the final sanding and I was able to stain it! YAY! Husband helped me pick out stain and pre-stain last night. I picked a stain called Island Waters. I had a hard time picking between the blue and a green one. In the end, the blue stain won out. Turns out, I can't be trusted with stain... it was worse than paint!

Here it is before the pre-staining:
Here it is after the stain:
I still have to put a coat of poly on it to protect it, but after that, I can have my altar back! I'm so proud of it and happy with all the work I've put into it. It has made it a really personal journey to put time and love into making it so special to me.

I also had some time today to go out and harvest my rosemary. This is my first time to garden with herbs. I hung them from my kitchen light to dry out. Husband took one look and laughed at our new decorations:Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment