Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tarot Stuff

Hi and Merry Meet,
This past year my husband encouraged me to start reading tarot publicly. At first I was very hesitant, but he and a good friend helped me to start up reading for others. I had been reading for others for a few years now, but not at public functions. I've loved reading for friends and family but that was as far as I would go. I've taken tons of class, been in privet studies and learning groups. My husband has seen how excited I am about and my love of it. 


He has suggested I start small, just get my feet wet and see if I like reading for people I've never met. He signed me up to do a craft show with him. We have been going to craft shows for a few years as vendors. He loves to make and sell jewelry. So, of course I always go too. He said that I should read at the shows since I'm already there and all it would take is setting up a small table and two chairs. I thought about it. I talked to my sister in law when we went to visit them in February. She loved it! She also supported my husband's idea and got me to take it seriously. I told my running partner about this idea. She asked if I could do a home party for her. 


With the love and support of friends and family I did my first craft show in March. I then did my first home party in May. I have since done other craft shows and home parties. Turns out, I really like reading for people I've never met before. My husband is happy that something that gives me so much joy is now something that I can do while he is doing something that gives him joy. It has been a very fun journey. The latest thing with my tarot reading now has been to get on facebook with a page.This was kind of a big step for me. I've done it and now here is it: http://www.facebook.com/tarotintheroc I've been better about updating that than posting here.


I never thought I'd when my friend asked me to take a tarot class that it would have such an impact on my life. I had no idea that my life would change so much just by choosing to learn about cards. It has enriched my life more than I could have ever guessed it would have.


Here is my card for the day. The Ace of swords. New ideas are floating around and  new states of mind are in store. Pay attention to new ideas and thoughts. Break out of old patterns and see old ideas with new eyes. This card is from the Legacy of The Divine Tarot.


Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment