Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crossing Over Ritual and Spell

Hi and Merry Meet,
Yesterday was a sad day for us here. Today I thought I'd post the ritual I did for my rabbit as he crossed over.

Supplies:
1 dark blue spell candle
the moon card from a tarot deck
sage
an apple
a votive candle/ tea light candle

Part one- the ritual- to help prepare for a crossing

Casting the circle- starting in the North

"Element of Earth in the North I call to my circle. Ground me and help me to be strong in this difficult time. Hail and welcome Earth."

Facing East

" Element of Air in the East I call to my circle. Give me clarity and and an open mind to see what I need to do in this difficult time. Hail and welcome Wind."

Facing South

"Element of Fire in the South I call to my circle. Burn away my doubts and warm my memories of happy times while I face this difficult time. Hail and welcome Fire."

Facing West

"Element of Water in the West I call to my circle. Help my tears to wash away my sadness and let my emotions be guided by what is best for my pet in this difficult time. Hail and welcome Water."

Face North again to complete the circle. "The circle is cast so mote it be"

Standing in the center of the circle envoke the goddess
"Lady Badb in your crone state you help many to cross over. Please join me in my circle tonight to help me know what is best for my pet. Guide me in this time and help me to remember that in all things there is life, death and rebirth. Hail and welcome Lady Babd."

Light the sage at this time and sit to meditate on the moon card. Let the goddess tell you what you need to know about helping your pet to cross over. Give an offering of an apple or apple juice after you mediate.
Thank the goddess.
"Lady Badb, thank you for your insight and guidance tonight. Crossing over is as much a part of life as any other aspect. Hail and fair well."

Open the circle

Facing West
"Element of Water in the West. Thank you for your blessings. Hail and fair well."

Facing South
"Element of Fire in the South. Thank you for your blessings. Hail and fair well."

Facing East
"Element of Air in the East. Thank you for your blessings. Hail and fair well."

Facing North
"Element of Earth in the North. Thank you for your blessings. Hail and fair well."
With arms raised over head- "The circle is open but not unbroken."

-This is what I did the night we found out that we were going to have to put our rabbit down. I chose Lady Badb as the goddess to use since she is a crone and maiden goddess. She is also a guide to the underworld. Apples were traditionally used as offerings to her.

Before we went to the vet and I did my spell, this was part of the work I did before he crossed. I took one pink lady apple and cut it in half. I sliced one half into five parts. One slice for each of us in the house- 3 rabbits and two people. The whole half I took outside and buried in my garden. This apple was part of Nes' last meal. All of us were connected by eating the apple. When he crossed I told him to find the lady with the other half of his apple. She would help him cross and guide him.

Here is the spell that I used when we drove to the vet for the appointment yesterday.
I anointed the blue candle and lit it as we left. I placed the holder on top of the Moon card that I had reflected on in my ritual. We left that to burn while we were gone. Dark blue is one of the colors associated with Lady Badb. I asked her to help him cross in a peaceful loving way and help him be whole again.

When we got home, I lit a red votive candle for Nes. I will let it burn out. It burned all night and is still going strong today. I chose this red one because it was cranberry flavored and the Lady Badb is a goddess of late fall/early winter. This berry makes me think of fall so I chose it for that reason. Also, Nes really loved things that smell odd. This candle has a great smell, but he loved stinky things- feet were among his favorite.

While I am very sad today, I know he is whole and happy. He came to me in my dreams last night hopping around and bouncing like he did when he was much younger. It made me happy to see him like that. He hopped off with a cloaked lady and I can only guess that she was the Lady Babd. While it was hard to face, I know in the end we did what was best for him.
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment