Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cleansing Time

Hi and Merry Meet,
This past week I have had strep. Yuck. It really knocked me down and I finally and reluctantly went to the doctor. I'm now on penicillin.

While I was sick i had a lot of time to think and reflect on events that lead me to be so stressed out my immune system was weakened. One of my major problems is that I work with a very small population of unique people and therefore most people do no understand my job. I spend a lot of time trying to educate them on what it is I do, but narrow-minded people just want to argue with me about my job. This is something I need to work on as it will not go away (it is part of the job!). With this week as vacation and being sick, I have been doing some serious meditations on this problem. I need to stay clam when people are shouting their opinions at me and telling me what my job should look like. I put together a small pouch of some of my favorite stones to place in my desk along with my cleaning spray.

The population I work with can not always speak up for themselves and therefore I also have to be an advocate for them. This part of my job I don't mind doing because I know that I am speaking for people who can't communicate their needs right now. Once I know what they want, off I go to make it happen as best as I can. This has eared me the reputation of being a bulldog. That part I'm OK with, it's dealing again with people outside my field who just want to tell me how to do my job but don't understand what I really do. I've mediated on this as well, but looks like I have to tackle one problem at a time.

I know I have a lot to learn in this life. I think this is one of my major lessons that I need to work on- dealing with people who are ignorant and still getting what I need done without having them tell me how to do my job. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way! Luckily, I have a great coworker who does the same job and at the end of the day we swap stories about who had to deal with crazier people!
Have a great weekend!
Blessed be,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment